Friday 16 April 2010

Kick Ass


Fucking Volcanoes. Not a phrase i though I'd be saying unless it was some fabulous new expletive affectation or other. that was until the Icelandic volcanic eruption stopped me from flying to New York for a weekend of hedonism. sob. I've been saying it a lot since about 8am on Thursday.

Anyway, after a super fun trip to Heathrow terminal 3 and back again with a bag so heavy it almost snapped my spine in two and squidged next to a drunk man who was asleep with his mouth open and snoring, the only option following the airport's closure seemed to be to drink copious bottles of wine in the sun, followed by a trip to see Matthew Vaughn's film Kick Ass, the story of geeky Manhattanites playing at being super heroes - mostly with hilariously limited success, but sometimes fricking rocking it. Anyway, the upshot of this was that i now have a new icon/crush: the 11 year old superhero Hit Girl, tag line “I Can’t See Through Walls. But I Can Kick Your Ass” which seems pretty cool to me. Her kick ass attitude and wickedly comfortable familiarity with ferocious expletives is nothing short of perfection. My hair isn't too far off being a purple bob either, so I'm theoretically on my way to a stylistic homage.

My stonking crush on screenwriter Jane Goldman (wife of Jonathan Ross) has also gone stratospheric. I cannot believe how unbelievably hot, sassy and damn cool she looked at the film's premiere - wearing a dress (below) that epitomises everything fabulous about fashion. i actually went in and lovingly stroked it in the Vivienne Westwood shop on Conduit Street this very Tuesday. then I threw up at the £800 price tag. 'want' is not really enough of a word to cover how much i need to own this dress. This is what my dream self (at least) will be wearing for the foreseeable future... so if you meet me in my dreams, be prepared to be wowed.


Icon

Nemesis

Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment