Friday 29 January 2010

Marthas and Arthurs


Obviously I'm completely biased because i love Mary (singer, accordion player and general musical starlet) but seeing her play with the Marthas and Arthurs on Wednesday was total heaven. Folksy, heart-warming, can't-help-but-make-you-smile, sweetly tingling, hold-hands-with-someone-you-love, skip inducing, heaven. and actually, even though I'm biased, that actually doesn't mean much because I'm not one to wax hyperbolic about something i don't actually like. (In public I'd stay quiet, in private I'd bitch like someone was about to cut off my supply of nasty turns of phrase. but best not to dwell upon that unsavory side of my character). Anyway, seems like I'm not the only one who thinks they are a bit fantastic; with Daily Candy's editorial on their dinner date proposal (invite them to your dinner party and they'll play for free in exchange for some food and interesting conversation - and sometimes not even the latter) they have been inundated with offers to perform - and rightly so. snap them up pronto, i say. In the mean time, follow their blog. It also rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment