Tuesday 5 January 2010

Identity Crisis

Being at home, or at least hanging out with my family over Christmas, reminded me of a few things i love, but my affection for which i had carefully repressed in the dark recesses of my mind (arguably for good reason) - namely:

Kenny Rogers. country. the best. most sung chorus - Something's Burning (and i think it's love - what the frick else, eh??!).

Jimmy Somerville. grossly indulging in the gayest of gay pop, oh yes. most sung line - 'derriere un kleenex' (from Comment te Dire Adieu, the less wholesome version of the Francoise Hardy song).

and Bridge. the card game. as in: I'm nurturing my Jewish roots and am thinking of moving to the suburbs, preferably a part heavily populated with retirees.

The combination of all three is giving me something of an identity crisis. the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment