Thursday 5 February 2009

Blogs away!

OK, gingerly dipping one toe in... here goes.

I love London, and I gallavant around it having fun. i do this serial gallivanting in red lipstick and nail varnish, a beret, either high heels or pretty ballet flats (I have absolutley no time for anything irritatingly in the middle or practical), and rather fabuous full skirts and 1950s dresses in bright colours. Luckily for me i do and write about much of my adventures in the name of work, work for someone else though, which often entails being quite 'Reviewerly' or writing for a specific audience that's not exactly like me. Here, I'm going to write about films, books, parties, events, the theatre, clothes and exhibitions just as i'd like to. no editor, no nothing. i'm going to cap up things i've L.O.V.E.D, use ridiculously purple prose whenever the mood takes me, get hysterical and be flouncy. sometimes i'll sound like Jane Austen, sometimes like a sleazy pervert because that is how i actually think. and speak. and sure, there may be some malapropisms, or some factual errors, and i'll probably be boring sometimes too. anyway. no one is going to edit me and and whether that be good or bad, that's the way it is. i hope you enjoy reading my blog.

i have to confess, my heart is racing and more blood is rushing to my head with every word i type. dare i press 'publish post'? here's hoping so.

1 comment:

  1. Very excited to be able to get a daily dose of Bea from thousands of miles away, how have I coped without it? More, more, more!!! x

    ReplyDelete