Friday 6 February 2009

We're up grit creek




'We're up grit creek' is certainly my most favourite headine of the week relating to the SNOW CRISIS that has hit the UK. Well done The Mirror. It seems staggering to me that London basically came to a standstill on Monday because of the snow. no one can seem to decide whether this is all lots of glorious fun (people making igloos, snowmen and sledging) or a colossal fuck up (no salt to grit the roads) or another way to focus on money being lost (how do they calculate such things anyway?). i definitely fall down on the side of fun. my only problem with the situation is a sartorial one. more specifially a shoe one. my choices are shoddy indeed. i had to resort to wearing a pair of U[rrr]ggs given to me last year and which i had hidden in my flat for fear the sight of them would burn a hole in my retina. wearing them this week i thought i would throw up with every step. how do people wear these regularly?

No comments:

Post a Comment